Trader Joe's Inspired Cilantro & Chive Yogurt Dip
Two years ago, Trader Joe's did the unthinkable. Look, I'm a HUGE Trader Joe's fan, but when they discontinued their Cilantro and Chive Yogurt Dip, I was devastated! I had been a huge fan of this product because it was so yummy, and to be honest, none of their other dips ever replaced it.
Don't worry, I've since forgiven T.J.'s hehe :) And it's definitely helped that I've found a way to re-create the beloved dip! The recipe I'm sharing below is my altered version of Amelia Winslow's recipe, one that is also based on the Trader Joe's dip. And guess what? It's just FIVE easy steps! This is such an incredible dupe for the original-- I can hardly taste a difference. Whether you're making this for yourself or for others, it's bound to disappear just as quickly as it was made.
Ingredients You'll Need:
-1 1/3 cup Greek Nonfat Yogurt (I prefer the Nonfat because I can't have much dairy)
-2 1/2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
-1/3 cup chopped cilantro
-1/4 cup chopped chives
-1/3 of a lemon (yes that's actually a lemon in the picture hahaha!)
-1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
-1/2 teaspoon salt or more/less to taste
-Sprinkle of garlic powder
-Pepper to taste
1. Wash, drain, and dry the chives and cilantro.
2. On a cutting board, chop up the chives and cilantro.
3. Mix the Greek Nonfat Yogurt and Organic Mayonnaise together in a medium-sized bowl.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, stirring frequently to combine.
5. Chill the dip for about 30 minutes--the longer you leave it in the refrigerator, the thicker it'll become. After this, it's ready to serve with your choice of chips.
*Pita chips are my favorite to pair with this!
And that's it! I truly hope you enjoy this recipe just as much as I do. I'd love to hear from you, so please leave your feedback down below if you're able to try this out! :)